- 19-Sep-2013 to 31-Jul-2014 (EST)
- Albany, GA, USA
- Full Time
Solves problems to support Marine Corps Logistics Command (MCLC) senior leaders. In a command operations center environment collects data, performs transportation, distribution, maintenance, statistical and mapping analysis, designs customized solutions and works with a team and MCLC staff to develop and implement processes and procedures supporting MCLC Fwd's emerging requirements. Supports implementation and design of IT related business solutions, uses methods or tools create models, tools or processes that will be used by Analysts and Operations daily. Participates in IPTs, process improvement teams, and cost saving initiatives.
-Works effectively as a team member accomplishing assigned goals
- Analyzes systems and processes and makes recommendations for a common operating picture
- Applies skills in logistics information systems, and ensures processes and procedures are in place to support near real time visibility of retrograde and redeployment (R2), in support of Reset and Reconstitution (R4)
-Participates in cross-functional groups to create the expected customer outcome
-Interacts with internal and external customers on an as needed basis
-Ensures solutions provide cost savings while optimizing operational effectiveness.
-Meet customer deadlines by providing required reports, analysis or implementations
-Develops understanding of customer needs and takes actions to ensure such needs are met
-Understands customer business model and expectations
-Able to resolve situations quickly, communicate status of problem, and work with appropriate subject matter experts until resolved under guidance of MCLC staff
-Other projects and tasks as assigned or required for successful mission accomplishment
-5-10 years comparable experience designing, developing, implementing and executing logistics management solutions
-Bachelors degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics or other quantitative discipline desired
-Fundamental understanding of supply chain and logistics concepts preferred
-Strong understanding of Life Cycle Management concepts as they apply to military weapon systems
- Well versed in Defense Logistics systems, USMC Maintenance and Supply Systems preferred
-Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
-Ability to analyze data and conduct extensive research
-Effective communication skills both written and verbal, with internal and external customers.
-Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required
All positions require a SECRET (or NACLC) as well as Program functions, including but not limited to:
• Develop and provide monthly analytical reports that communicate trends and impact assessment on plan vs. actual.
• Develop and prepare briefs as required to communicate execution progress and performance.
• Perform assistance with special projects, meetings, conferences as assigned in support of MCLC requirements.
• Facilitate periodic meetings with the leadership to assess the implementation of application enhancements and to assess their effectiveness.
• Provide for the identification of and arrange for speakers from outside the command to attend conferences.
• Conduct pre-event planning and site selection, creation and distribution of announcements, creation of agenda, and security/registration.
• Take minutes of meeting/conferences capturing appropriate conference item and transcribing into summaries of the meeting/conferences.
• Provide post-event support, developing and mailing the conference processing and generating lessons-learned final report.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, or similar
• 5-15 years related experience, dependent on Junior through Senior positions
• Obtain and maintain a NACLC (or SECRET) clearance
• Related computer program, IT, and/or systems experience relative to position
- Auto-fill Application Using LinkedIn
Sign Up For Job Alerts!